21 September 2010

Introduction

This blog is a purely academic outlet used for ODU English class 427W. The idea is that I will discuss different forms and examples of writing within my discipline with the goal that once my compilation is complete it will provide insight and information for a group project. As you can tell from my profile/other blog my field/discipline is in science. Since our group will be looking at technical writing as a whole I will be providing insight into the world of science writing. I plan to look at every day lab documents that are hand written as well grants, and manuals that are very professional as representations of the writing and documents that are used everyday in the workplace. Peer reviewed journals will be used as the primary academic sources since that is the only real dependable academic source. Since something is only taught until it is proven wrong, no statement can stand alone in the field without support from a current academic journal. So let's have some fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment